Well, this is where I'll start, I guess. So far, this pregnancy has been wonderful. Up until Christmas Eve, I didn't feel as tired. I had hardly any nausea, and my boobs don't hurt anywhere nears as much as they did the first time.
Then, on Christmas Eve, it hit. Suddenly, my brain stopped functioning, it was like I had cloud in there, keeping my thoughts from finding one another. Oh, the fatigue. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly had NO energy to do ANYTHING. Not good when you've got church, presents to wrap, a bunch of family coming on Christmas, and your in-laws coming the day after. I had a TON of work to do, and no energy to do it.
What did I do? I took a nap. Over the next few days, I took several naps. I think I can officially be considered the WORST Christmas hostess ever, but at that point I really didn't care. My body just was not in the Christmas Spirit. Somehow, the Christmas meal was put together, somehow the house was somewhat clean, and my in-laws had clean sheets to sleep on. I think we survived, and hopefully my family understood.
I also got a head cold on top of it (which probably explains some of the tiredness). I spent three days (of course, the 3 days my in-laws were here) blowing my nose and sneezing. My eyes were red, my nose was chapped and BRIGHT red, and I just looked all-around amazing.
I'm pretty much back to normal now, well, normal for a pregnancy. The nausea isn't as bad as it was when I was pregnant w/ E, but it's still not good. It comes on SO fast! Sometimes, it's triggered by smell, other times it's because I've moved too much in the morning w/o eating anything. I also have to be careful brushing my teeth, my gag reflex is awful right now! I just about puked on my toothbrush the other day. Not good.
Hopefully, this will end soon. Last time it came and went by 13 weeks. Besides the random waves of nasuea and the fatigue that came on Christmas, I've been feeling great! I can't wait to start feeling this little one move around!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment