Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 12

The big news outside our household this week is that it's REALLY cold here in MN. I mean, REALLY cold. One morning I woke up at it was -20 degrees. The windchill put the temps at much lower temps- sometimes as low as -40. It was like that all week. Schools were cancelled, events were cancelled, meetings we cancelled. It was THAT cold.

In our house, the big news is that I got another cold. I've gone through SO many kleenex! My nose was bright red, and I know I just looked like death warmed over all week. All week long it plagued me.

I went to my first official OB appointment this week! Every thing looks good so far! I'm measuring exactly at 12 weeks, my blood pressure is great, and I've even lost a pound! Normally, I wouldn't get too excited about losing weight during a pregnancy, but since I'm starting this one 20 lbs heavier than the last one, I'm paying more attention. We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat! What a wonderful sound!

I'm not feeling as nauseous this week, but I don't know if it's disguised by my cold or if has really subsided. I guess we'll see now that I'm feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment