35 weeks, 5 days
Weight gain- same as last, I haven't checked
Weight perception- definitely feeling stretched to the limit
Cravings: none
This week has been busy! On Monday we had another ultrasound. This one threw us for a bit of a surprise. She's still a girl though, so it wasn't THAT big of a surprise. It's the measurements, and what they think those measurements mean.
This week, according to all the pregnancy books, she should weigh somewhere around 5.5 lbs. On the ultrasound she measured 7lbs 11oz. WOAH! Now, I know that late-term u/s are notoriously inacurate, but still- even if it's off by a pound- that puts her over a pound over normal. When they're all done measuring- the head, the chest, the body, etc- they take those measurements and calculate the "due" date. Based on LMP, ovulation date, and both previous ultrasounds, she's due July 27th. According to these new measurements, she's due July 6th, and instead of being 35 weeks, I'm 38 weeks. That's a big difference. But, I'm not going to freak out about it. Those things can be so unrealiable, I'm not letting it get me all anxious w/ the what ifs (what if they decide to induce me even earlier? What if they try to induce me and it doesn't work because i'm not "ready" and then they push for a c-section? What if she comes out and she's not done yet and has health problems? What if, what if, what if?). My doctor said nothing to worry about, she'll see me next week at my appt- or sooner if I go into labor. That's helps a little. I'm just going to take it one week at a time. I refuse talk induction before I'm at least 37 weeks by my old dates (which is only 10 days away).
The thing is, it gets your mind thinking...what if it DOES happen that much sooner (natrually). What if I DON'T have a month left, what if I just have a couple weeks? It makes me look at Elliot and just want to spend as much time w/ him as possible. So, we've been on several outings this week. We went to a park play w/ our playgroup this week which took every ounce of energy I had for the day (it was 85 degrees at 10 am w/ a HIGH humidity level). We went to the last Songs on the Lawn on Thursday for lunch, and today we went to the Waseca Waterpark. Busy! That makes me tired, but I'm still feeling good. :)
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment